MIFA Founder’s Day

Ariana C., Writer

This month on May 4, MIFA celebrated its 49th birthday. They have commemorated their 49th birthday at the Founders celebration. The event was at 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Rhodes College McCallum Ballroom in the Bryan Campus Life Center, 2000 North Parkway, here in Memphis. The acronym “MIFA” stands for the  Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association, founded in 1968. Serving more than 50,000 people annually, the MIFA’s mission is to support the independence of vulnerable seniors and families that are in crisis through high-impact programs. The event, “Interfaith Experience:  Knowing Our Neighbors, Renewing Ourselves,” featured keynote speaker Rabbi Michael E. Danziger and recognized outstanding donors and volunteers who supported them and their cause. The speaker is the son of Harry K. Danziger, who served as chair of MIFA’s Board of directions for two years. Danziger has graduated from The University of Texas in Austin with a degree in organizational communication and leadership. He became the assistant director of the URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp in MS, Utica for several years. At the MIFA Prabhakar, Rohini Parikh, Sister Betty Fracchia,  Fullview Missionary Baptist Church, Amy Poag, and Auto Zone received awards for their distinguished service at MIFA. Prabhakar and Rohini Parikh have earned the Wheels Award for volunteer longevity and enriching the lives of clients beyond delivering meals. Sister Betty Fracchia has earned the EJ Goldsmith Volunteer of the Year Award for her fantastic work in MIFA’s emergency services department. Fullview Missionary Baptist Church has earned an award for the Faith in the Action Award for their remarkable financial support and serving drop-off center on Meals on Wheels and for their deliver of Saturday and their weekday meal routs. Amy Poag has earned her award for longtime service on MIFA’s board of directors including two years of as a chart, she has earned her self  The Annabelle Whittemore award. The company Auto zone has also earned an award for their faithful support as a partner organization for 31 years. This month these following people have received their awards for their outstanding help to MIFA.